Best Cat Dental Insurance
Cat dental insurance can help cover the costs of dental bills. Surely, at some point during your cat’s life, they are likely to need some kind of dental care. Common dental illnesses and injuries that cats can suffer from include malocclusions, feline tooth resorption syndrome, periodontal disease and dental fractures.
Is Cat Dental Insurance Worth It?
Taking out dental insurance for your cat is definitely worth it, when you consider the high cost of veterinary dental work like tooth extractions, root canals and crowns. As treatments for dental illness can be ongoing, having a solid dental insurance plan in place can help reduce your out-of-pocket expenses.
Which Cat Insurance Covers Dental?
Not all cat insurance includes dental cover, so you need to look at the policy inclusions carefully. We’ve taken some of the guesswork out of it by compiling a list of the best cat dental companies. Some of them even cover routine dental care including annual dental check-ups.
What is the Best Cat Dental Insurance?
We took a lot of different factors into consideration when assessing the best cat dental insurance and concluded that Pet First insurance is the best. They include coverage for a lot of cat dental needs that other providers omit. They also offer you an excellent choice of optional dental extras.
Top Cat Dental Insurance
We reviewed a lot of cat dental insurance companies to see what they offer. Here is our list of the top 6 providers, which outlines pros and cons for each:
- Cat insurance from $9 per month.
- They offer a multi-pet discount.
- Kittens over 8 weeks old are eligible for coverage.
- You can include routine care coverage for teeth cleaning or polishing.
- They include treatment of periodontal disease.
- Doesn’t cover pre-existing conditions.
- Some dental costs are only covered if you take out additional care.
Pet First insurance plans are flexible and they let you choose the coverage, deductible and reimbursement percentage that works best for you. Unlike many other pet insurers, Pet First covers the treatment of periodontal disease. If your cat has an accident or is faced with an emergency situation, you will be covered, as well as if your cat needs x-rays, ultrasounds or hospitalization. Also, if you opt to sign up for Pet First’s Routine Rider Coverage, then teeth cleaning or polishing for maintenance purposes will be covered. You can change your plan whenever you like to have this extra coverage included.
Get your cat grinning with Pet First: https://www.petfirst.com/
- Includes coverage for gum disease.
- Comprehensive dental coverage included.
- They offer cover for prescription medications.
- They include holistic therapy.
- Regular/routine care is not covered.
- Pre-existing conditions and preventative care are not covered.
Pet Plan offers reasonably priced plans for cats that average around $25 per month. Their dental care coverage is comprehensive and includes reimbursement for dental injuries and dental disease treatments, including gum disease. Their plan includes cover for emergencies and also if you need to take your kitty to a specialist. The age and breed of your cat will play a factor in the cost of your insurance. If you have a kitten, you can start their insurance from when they are 6 weeks old, and Petplan also covers for hereditary and chronic conditions, as well as for prescription medications.
See what Pet Plan can do for your cat’s teeth: https://www.gopetplan.com/
- Dental illness is covered up to $1000 per year.
- They cover dental emergencies.
- Their ‘Wellness Rewards’ cover includes teeth cleaning.
- They cover dental extractions, root canals and crowns.
- You can’t get reimbursed for regular check-ups with the basic plan.
- Certain treatments require you to get additional coverage.
Embrace Pet Insurance offers targeted dental coverage for cats, with dental illness covered for up to $1000 per year. Dental accidents and emergencies like broken, chipped or fractured teeth will be covered, as well as regular cat dentist care like tooth extractions, root canals and crowns. Periodontal disease, gingivitis and stomatitis are also covered. If you choose to include the ‘Embrace Wellness Rewards’ routine care plan with your policy, then you will also be covered for routine dental cleaning, cat toothbrushes, cat toothpaste, dental chews, annual dental checkups, professional teeth brushing by a groomer or vet and dietary dental supplements.
Let Embrace bring a smile to your face: https://www.embracepetinsurance.com/cat-insurance
- You get instant discounts when you go to the vet.
- Includes extensive dental coverage.
- There is no age limitation for cats to be able to qualify.
- Their coverage can include pre-existing conditions.
- It doesn’t offer the extensive coverage you get with regular insurance.
- You can’t get reimbursed for all specialists and medications.
Pet Assure is a discount card, rather than providing all-round insurance coverage. The card provides a discount on dental examinations, x-rays, cleanings, surgeries, screenings and dental disease treatments. There is no waiting period, and you can use the card as many times as required. Your vet will apply the discount to your bill immediately. Pre-existing medical conditions are included, and there aren’t any age exclusions. The level of cover isn’t as high as regular cat insurance, so your savings won’t be quite as good, comparatively. However, it is a great option in case your lovely cat cannot benefit from regular insurance due to her age or other criteria.
Keep your cat’s pearly whites shining with Pet Assure: https://www.petassure.com/
- Their accident and illness plan covers dental illnesses.
- Provides cover for emergency tooth extractions.
- Offer preventative dental care optional inclusion.
- Insures for some special diets and supplements (good for tooth health).
- Doesn’t cover for pre-existing conditions.
- Basic plans only cover dental issues that relate to an accident or illness.
Spot is a regular pet insurance provider and reimburses some of the cost of your vet bill. They promise up to a 90% refund. Their coverage will look after accidents and emergencies like if your cat needs a tooth extraction. Dental cleanings are only covered by the basic plan if they are used to treat a covered illness. However, if you add preventative coverage to your basic plan then they will be able to reimburse you for routine teeth cleanings too. They have no upper age limit so you can still take out insurance for older cats.
Check out Spot’s cat dental insurance: https://spotpetins.com/
- They cover dental illnesses.
- They cover periodontal illnesses.
- They cover tooth extractions.
- Provide good coverage for dental injuries.
- They do not cover for preventative care or supplements.
- Do not cover for dental cleaning.
Pumpkin pet insurance includes coverage for a wide range of dental problems that could affect your cat. They provide cover for dental and periodontal illnesses, as well as any examinations, procedures and prescription medications used in their diagnosis and treatment. They offer cover for dental emergencies and injuries, including tooth extraction. Pumpkin promises up to a 90% reimbursement of your vet bills and offers a range of payment options. They cover all breeds, and if you have a kitten, you can insure them from 8 weeks of age. Optional extras are available for preventative care and they offer discounts for multi-pet households.
Extract a smile from your cat with Pumpkin: https://www.pumpkin.care/